- Boston, MA
- Full Time
Who we are:
Join Embark on our mission to improve the life and longevity of dogs everywhere. Our canine DNA test — the highest-rated, most accurate on the market — enables us to make scientific advances in personalized pet care. Recently named one of the fastest-growing private companies in America by Inc. Magazine, Embark is the only canine genetics company using research-grade technology, which allows us to make new scientific discoveries.
Designed by world leaders in dog genetics in partnership with Cornell University, the Embark Dog DNA Test provides information on genetic health risks and breed make-up, allowing dog owners, breeders, and veterinarians to make personalized care plans based on a dog's unique genetic profile. Embark is also home to the world’s only canine DNA relative finder. No wonder The New York Times recently called Embark’s Breed and Health Kit the best dog DNA test available!
Interested in joining our pack? We are looking for highly motivated and mission-driven employees who will join us as Embark leads the cutting edge of creativity and innovation in the fast-growing consumer genetics space.
About the role:
I’m looking for an Executive Assistant to multiply my impact. Embark is adding years to dogs’ lives and that involves managing a lot of internal and external stakeholders as well as developing relationships with potential partners. It’s a lot to keep track of and organize! As a first-time CEO, it’s particularly hard to make sure I’m spending my time in the most effective way. That is why I’m looking to hire you, an experienced partner to high-impact executives, help me multiply the impact of my time. This role isn’t just travel and meeting booking, though you’ll do that, but also it’s helping me develop best practices to spend my time most effectively. As Embark expands our reach globally and continues our exponential growth, you’ll help me manage my workload and calendar to grow in leadership with the company. This is a fast-paced environment with high expectations, and also full of down-to-earth, great people to work with. If you’re up for the challenge of hypergrowth and you have the experience to lean on, we can build a great partnership to take Embark to the next level together!
What you’ll do:
- Manage the CEO’s agenda and calendar; you are the gatekeeper to prevent time being wasted.
- Develop and maintain systems to prioritize commitments and make sure that the right things are surfaced to the CEO’s attention, and the wrong things are not. Collect a daily list of key meetings and decisions needed from the CEO.
- Book business travel for the CEO and three other executives as well as helping those three executives book some of their meetings.
- Coordinate Board meetings (schedule, plan lunch/breakfast, take notes during the meetings, coordinate any follow up necessary) as well as other meetings the CEO hosts.
- Handle expenses as necessary.
- Collect an end of the day list for the CEO to refer to so they can feel good about unplugging at the end of the day (documents to sign, offers to approve, important emails to respond to, etc.)
- Understand the CEO’s passion projects. This might mean taking on tasks like scheduling small-group team meetings or coordinating a lunch for senior leaders…just being open to understanding what matters most to the CEO.
- Organize weekly company all-hands meetings.
- Take on other random tasks as they might arise, such as taking Embark’s mascot (Harley!) out for a walk, schedule appointments, etc.
What experience we’re looking for:
- 7+ years of experience as an Executive Assistant
- Experience as an Executive Assistant to a hypergrowth company CEO
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong people skills
- Availability usually around the clock; although we try to keep off-hours work to a minimum and don’t require long hours generally, sometimes things do come up urgently and unexpectedly
- Experience in a venture-backed startup and in a company with a multinational footprint are preferred
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities at the same time.
- A roll-up-your-sleeves attitude.
- Not afraid to say no but you do it in a diplomatic way.
- A strong intuition for how to best provide value
What we can offer:
At Embark, we might be dog lovers, but we’re passionate about people too. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture where all employees can belong and flourish. Here are some of our benefits and perks:
- A flexible vacation policy so you can take off the time you need when you need it
- Paid maternal and paternal leave (plus paw-ternity leave for new pets)
- Every other Friday off each summer
- Dog-friendly office near South Station, Boston (when we get back to the office), with some flexibility (eg work from home at least 2 days a week, flexibility around child care needs, etc)
- Perks tailored for dog lovers including subsidized pet insurance and dog-walking services
- Startup perks with big-company benefits (401k match, a generous bonus structure, commuter benefits, top-of-the-line healthcare, HSA/FSA)
- Competitive salaries and equity participation — every employee gets stock options
- Fully-stocked office snack bar and regular office events
- New iMacs and MacBook Pros, or laptops running Linux
- Continuing education, including attending conferences and company-provided resources to help with individual growth and development
Embark is an equal opportunity workplace and values diversity at our company. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, age, disability status, marital status, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws. See also EEO is the Law.