Sales Executive, Veterinary Business
- Boston, MA
- Full Time
- Professional Services
- Mid Level
Who we are:
Join Embark on our mission to improve the life and longevity of dogs everywhere. Our canine DNA test — the highest-rated, most accurate on the market — enables us to make scientific advances in personalized pet care. Recently named one of the fastest-growing private companies in America by Inc. Magazine, Embark is the only canine genetics company using research-grade technology, which allows us to make new scientific discoveries.
Designed by world leaders in dog genetics in partnership with Cornell University, the Embark Dog DNA Test provides information on genetic health risks and breed make-up, allowing dog owners, breeders, and veterinarians to make personalized care plans based on a dog's unique genetic profile. Embark is also home to the world’s only canine DNA relative finder. No wonder The New York Times recently called Embark’s Breed and Health Kit the best dog DNA test available!
Interested in joining our pack? We are looking for highly motivated and mission-driven employees who will join us as Embark leads the cutting edge of creativity and innovation in the fast-growing consumer genetics space.
About the Role:
Embark’s relationship with Veterinary Hospitals is critical our mission of supporting canine health. Veterinarians and their staff provide a valuable service to pet owners by helping them understand their dogs better-- from breed information to actionable health insights that come from Embark’s genetic screening tests.
Embark has set an ambitious goal of increasing the average lifespan of dogs by 3 years. Directly engaging veterinary hospitals to facilitate the introduction of Genetic Health Screening to their practice is a critical component of achieving this goal, and as an Account Executive in the Veterinary business you will be on the front lines of this work. This is a new business area for Embark, and we are looking for an accomplished sales professional to create relationships with veterinary hospitals as well as work internally with Embark colleagues to develop and refine our growth strategy in this space.
You will be responsible for full sales cycle activities focused on small animal practices as your target audience. This includes identifying, engaging, and closing sales opportunities, and building a six figure book of business within your first six months. You will nurture your existing customers over time while continually engaging and acquiring new business.
What You'll Do:
- Sell Embark’s dog DNA testing products to veterinary practices for them to resell to their patients. This includes independent practices to large veterinary hospital systems.
- Conduct full sales lifecycle from prospecting to close with detailed reporting via CRM
- Effectively transition relationships to Embark’s Veterinary Customer Success team post purchase with limited ongoing involvement to support client success
- Create/update your own sales presentations and collateral while partnering with marketing colleagues to improve standardized content
- Work independently, manage a demanding schedule with occasional irregular hours and travel to conferences and events
- Successfully complete a 4-month ramp up period, then achieve quarterly targets for prospect engagement, funnel conversion rates, locations acquired, and net sales dollars
- Collaborate with marketing, product, and account management colleagues to refine Embark’s go-to-market strategy. This is a new area of Embark’s business and you will be essential to building a foundation of best practices that will be leveraged in the years ahead.
What Experience We're Looking For:
- Knowledge of purchasing processes used by veterinary practices and desire to build a sales career in the veterinary space
- Experience working with veterinarians in a professional capacity (either selling into veterinary practices or working within the field)
- Candidates must have the ability to quickly learn the specifics of canine genetics testing such that you can engage with veterinarians on a professional level. You do not need to be a geneticist or genetics expert, but must have the ability to present technical scientific content and know the jargon for academic studies.
- Animal science, medical, or related degree preferred. Veterinary, veterinary technician, or genetics backgrounds extra nice.
- Experience leading technical presentations to sales audiences via remote video
- A tenacious, entrepreneurial, results-oriented mindset
- 5-10 years experience as a salesperson carrying a quota. Preferably B2B sales of a veterinary (ideal) or other scientific or technical product that you sold to professional services or retail businesses.
- Must be passionate about dogs and making a positive impact on the world
What We Can Offer:
At Embark, we might be dog lovers, but we’re passionate about people too. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture where all employees can belong and flourish. Here are some of our benefits and perks:
- A flexible vacation policy so you can take off the time you need when you need it
- Paid maternal and paternal leave (plus paw-ternity leave for new pets)
- Every other Friday off each summer
- Dog-friendly office near South Station, Boston (when we get back to the office), with some flexibility (eg work from home at least 2 days a week, flexibility around child care needs, etc)
- Perks tailored for dog lovers including subsidized pet insurance and dog-walking services
- Startup perks with big-company benefits (401k match, a generous bonus structure, commuter benefits, top-of-the-line healthcare, HSA/FSA)
- Competitive salaries and equity participation — every employee gets stock options
- Fully-stocked office snack bar and regular office events
- New iMacs and MacBook Pros, or laptops running Linux
- Continuing education, including attending conferences and company-provided resources to help with individual growth and development
Embark is an equal opportunity workplace and values diversity at our company. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, age, disability status, marital status, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws. See also EEO is the Law.