Customer Support Representative, Logistics Support
- Boston, MA
- Full Time
- Entry Level
Who we are:
Join Embark on our mission to improve the life and longevity of dogs everywhere. Our canine DNA test — the highest-rated, most accurate on the market — enables us to make scientific advances in personalized pet care. Recently named one of the fastest-growing private companies in America by Inc. Magazine, Embark is the only canine genetics company using research-grade technology, which allows us to make new scientific discoveries.
Designed by world leaders in dog genetics in partnership with Cornell University, the Embark Dog DNA Test provides information on genetic health risks and breed make-up, allowing dog owners, breeders, and veterinarians to make personalized care plans based on a dog's unique genetic profile. Embark is also home to the world’s only canine DNA relative finder. No wonder The New York Times recently called Embark’s Breed and Health Kit the best dog DNA test available!
Interested in joining our pack? We are looking for highly motivated and mission-driven employees who will join us as Embark leads the cutting edge of creativity and innovation in the fast-growing consumer genetics space.
About the role:
Our rockstar Customer Support team works directly with customers, helping them with questions related to our products, their orders and their dog’s results. In this role, you will field questions and resolve inquiries related to international orders (both inbound and outbound shipments) and work closely with our Logistics team and with our third party fulfillment partner to identify and resolve customer issues related to international shipments and customs requirements. As the Logistics specialist, you will need experience working with and an understanding of how shipping couriers operate, the ability to problem solve and present solutions independently, as well as clear communication skills with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
What you'll do:
- Respond to international customer inquiries and concerns related to their orders and their shipments
- Record customer interactions, capturing details of inquiries, complaints, or comments, as well as actions taken using Zendesk (CRM)
- Liaise with the Logistics team to identify and develop solutions related to international orders (both inbound and outbound) and customs requirements
- Troubleshoot customer problems efficiently and effectively
- Identify issues that need additional assistance and escalate as needed
- Represent Embark Vet in a professional manner
- Meet metrics related to service level, performance, and customer satisfaction
- Other job-related duties as assigned
What experience we’re looking for:
- High School Diploma or equivalent; 2-4 years of experience in a similar Customer Support environment.
- College/Associates Degree or equivalent; 6 months to 3 years of experience in a similar Customer Support environment.
- Experience with shipping couriers
- An understanding of courier sites, such as FedEx, UPS, USPS, for information gathering and label creation
- An understanding of international couriers and customs, a plus
- Experience working and communicating with third-party fulfillment partners
- Experience using:
- Zendesk or similar CRM software
- Shipstation or similar shipping platforms
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work late hours and/or weekends when needed
- Must love dogs!
What We Can Offer:
At Embark, we might be dog lovers, but we’re passionate about people too. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture where all employees can belong and flourish. Here are some of our benefits and perks:
- A flexible vacation policy so you can take off the time you need when you need it
- Paid maternal and paternal leave (plus paw-ternity leave for new pets)
- Every other Friday off each summer
- Dog-friendly office near South Station, Boston (when we get back to the office), with some flexibility (eg work from home at least 2 days a week, flexibility around child care needs, etc)
- Perks tailored for dog lovers including subsidized pet insurance and dog-walking services
- Startup perks with big-company benefits (401k match, a generous bonus structure, commuter benefits, top-of-the-line healthcare, HSA/FSA)
- Competitive salaries and equity participation — every employee gets stock options
- Fully-stocked office snack bar and regular office events
- New iMacs and MacBook Pros, or laptops running Linux
- Continuing education, including attending conferences and company-provided resources to help with individual growth and development
Embark is an equal opportunity workplace and values diversity at our company. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, age, disability status, marital status, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws. See also EEO is the Law.