Sales Executive, Breeder Business
- Boston, MA
- Full Time
- Professional Services
Discover your dog more than fur deep with the most comprehensive DNA test on the market. Designed by world leaders in dog genetics and in partnership with Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine, the Embark DNA Test tells owners what breeds make up their pets, how to prevent future possible health problems, and what features and traits their pet might have. Help us end preventable disease in dogs and improve the lives of pets and their people through genomics.
Embark is the only dog DNA test using a research-grade DNA microarray, enabling us to give our customers the most accurate and comprehensive results on the market. More importantly, it allows us to do ongoing research into the genetics of dogs, mapping new traits and diseases, improving personalized veterinary medicine, and developing new breeding programs to eliminate preventable diseases in pets.
Interested in joining? We’re looking for highly motivated employees who will help us stay on the cutting edge of creativity and innovation in the fast-growing consumer genetics space.
Embark’s breeder business is dedicated to helping dog breeders incorporate genetic health testing into their breeding programs. Doing so helps ensure healthier puppies are born, meaning dogs that live longer and have fewer health complications during their lives. Embark’s products can also improve the overall health and average lifespan of breed populations when used extensively by breeders.
Embark has set an ambitious goal of increasing the average lifespan of dogs by 3 years. Directly engaging breeding programs to facilitate the use of genetic health best practices is a critical component of achieving this goal. As an Account Executive in the breeder business you will be in a direct sales role and on the front lines of this important work.
You will conduct full sales cycle activities focused on large breeding programs as your target audience. This includes identifying, engaging, and closing sales opportunities within this audience, and building a six figure book of business within your first six months. You will nurture your existing customers over time while continually engaging and acquiring new business.
- Sell the Embark for Breeders DNA test to large breeders and breeding organizations
- Conduct full sales lifecycle from prospecting to close with detailed reporting via CRM
- Create new sales presentations and collateral based upon your experience interacting with prospective customers to support closing more business
- Successfully complete a 4-month ramp up period and then achieve quarterly targets on an on-going basis. KPIs include metrics for prospect engagement, funnel conversion rates, and net sales dollars
- Leverage Embark customer relationships to drive net new sales from existing large customers and obtain referrals to new customers
- Work cross-functionally with product, engineering, and R&D departments to support product development initiatives that will drive accelerated sales growth
- Document best practices and help build new company processes. This area of Embark’s business is rapidly growing and you will be essential to building a foundation that will be leveraged in the years ahead.
- Must be passionate about dogs and eager to work with dog breeders to improve breeding program health practices
- Animal science (preferred) or other scientific or technical background such that you can quickly learn the details of dog DNA testing and be an advisor to laypeople.
- Skilled presenter to sales audiences via remote video systems
- Experience managing daily sales processes via a CRM system
- Expert ability to create your own presentations and collaborate with design and marketing colleagues to create/refine collateral
- A tenacious, results-oriented mindset with strong attention to detail
- Must be able to work independently, manage a demanding schedule with occasionally irregular hours and travel
- 5+ years experience in Business Development. Preferably B2C sales or B2B sales where a consultative approach was needed
- Extra nice: experience in the dog breeding world (please highlight in your application)
- Position based in Boston, MA. Candidates must be based in Boston or willing to relocate.
What We Offer
- Competitive salaries, all-inclusive health care, and equity participation
- Dog-friendly office
- Perks tailored for dog lovers including subsidized dog-walking and boarding services
- Startup perks with big-company benefits
- A flexible vacation policy along with paid maternal and paternal leave
- Fully-stocked office snack bar and regular office events
- New iMacs and MacBook Pros
- Continuing education including attending conferences
Embark is an equal opportunity workplace and values diversity at our company. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, age, disability status, marital status, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws. See also EEO is the Law.