HR / People Operations Co-op
- Boston, MA
- Student (College)
Who we are:
Join Embark on our mission to improve the life and longevity of dogs everywhere. Our canine DNA test — the highest-rated, most accurate on the market — enables us to make scientific advances in personalized pet care. Recently named one of the fastest-growing private companies in America by Inc. Magazine, Embark is the only canine genetics company using research-grade technology, which allows us to make new scientific discoveries.
Designed by world leaders in dog genetics in partnership with Cornell University, the Embark Dog DNA Test provides information on genetic health risks and breed make-up, allowing dog owners, breeders, and veterinarians to make personalized care plans based on a dog's unique genetic profile. Embark is also home to the world’s only canine DNA relative finder. No wonder The New York Times recently called Embark’s Breed and Health Kit the best dog DNA test available!
Interested in joining our pack? We are looking for highly motivated and mission-driven employees who will join us as Embark leads the cutting edge of creativity and innovation in the fast-growing consumer genetics space.
About the role:
We are growing! This is where you come in. Join our People Operations team to hire and onboard amazing people to join our growing pack. This team is small, focused, and works very closely together on all things people at Embark. We're looking for an energetic and focused person to dive deep into people projects, help build out processes and efficiencies, and take a hard look at determining operational strategies that work for our most important asset, our people.
If you're organized, focused, and curious about how great people are hired and managed, we would like to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
- Coordinating new hire orientation and onboarding training efforts
- Support completion of pre-employment paperwork
Assist with pre-employment screening (visas, background checks, etc.) and on-boarding activities
- Optimizing and standardizing HR processes and programs
- Administering best in class solutions for benefits delivery
- Gain exposure to the full life cycle employment process for all departments from extending offers to onboarding/offboarding and everything in between
What experience we’re looking for:
- Can prioritize, organize, and manage multiple schedules and projects
- Curious and excited to quickly learn the ins and outs of people operations
- Power through tasks at lightning speed with a strong attention to detail
- A team player who is willing to get your hands dirty and do whatever needs to be done
- Love to be in a role that supports a much larger mission
Embark is an equal opportunity workplace and values diversity at our company. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, age, disability status, marital status, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws. See also EEO is the Law.