Product Marketing Manager, Veterinary
- Boston, MA
- Full Time
Join Embark on our mission to improve the life and longevity of dogs everywhere. Our canine DNA test — the highest-rated, most accurate on the market — enables us to make scientific advances in personalized pet care. Recently named one of the fastest-growing private companies in America by Inc. Magazine, Embark is the only canine genetics company using research-grade technology, which allows us to make new scientific discoveries.
Designed by world leaders in dog genetics in partnership with Cornell University, the Embark Dog DNA Test provides information on genetic health risks and breed make-up, allowing dog owners, breeders, and veterinarians to make personalized care plans based on a dog's unique genetic profile. Embark is also home to the world’s only canine DNA relative finder. No wonder The New York Times recently called Embark’s Breed and Health Kit the best dog DNA test available!
Interested in joining our pack? We are looking for highly motivated and mission-driven employees who will join us as Embark leads the cutting edge of creativity and innovation in the fast-growing consumer genetics space.
About the role:
As a Product Marketing Manager for veterinarians, you will develop and manage the go-to-market strategy for our suite of products for veterinarians and the owners they serve. This is a dynamic new role that will work cross-functionally with growth marketing, product, insights, analytics, brand strategy, PR, science, and content to build out 360 marketing campaigns that deliver on core KPIs. You’ll define our growth strategy, develop innovative marketing tactics and evaluate their performance, work with the product team to refine our key value propositions, and be a key driver and champion of veterinarians. You’ll work with the team to identify opportunities for optimization, growth, and disruption and leverage every tool in our toolkit to position Embark as the #1 genetic screening product for veterinarians and the owners and pups they serve.
What you’ll do:
- Develop a full-funnel, cross-channel marketing strategy and work cross-functionally to execute flawlessly and drive results.
- Research, develop, and test key messages, value propositions, tactics, and campaigns to accelerate growth and brand preference across the entire customer journey.
- Monitor and analyze the competitive landscape and perceptions of the product to inform opportunities for growth, innovation, and brand positioning.
- Be accountable to drive the veterinary product’s KPIs.
- Help marketing, product, and sales managers understand the impact of initiatives and where there is an opportunity for growth and innovation, specifically for veterinarians.
- Be a key voice and champion for veterinarians, their key pain points, unmet needs, and existing workflows to deliver a best in class experience at every touchpoint across their journey.
- Be hands on where needed to deliver against objectives.
- Drive strategic planning with senior leadership, ensuring that day-to-day and near-term work aligns with our long-term strategy.
- Partner with analytics to forecast performance and resource needs.
What experience we’re looking for:
- 8-10 years of experience in omni-channel growth marketing tactics, brand management, consulting, and/or product strategy with an ecommerce or CPG brand.
- Deep experience in the veterinary or animal health space and crafting marketing campaigns that deliver results.
- Strong marketing & strategy fundamentals including analytics, GTM strategy, and media planning.
- Excellent written, oral, presentation, and influencing skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, high level of curiosity, and investigative mindset with an attention to detail.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to take initiative and drive creative ideas forward.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to deliver on time and on plan.
- Ability to thrive and adapt in a high growth, rapidly changing environment.
- Passion for collaboration and ability to align multiple stakeholders.
- Prior hands-on experience with paid marketing channels preferred.
- MBA preferred.
What we can offer:
At Embark, we might be dog lovers, but we’re passionate about people too. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture where all employees can belong and flourish. Here are some of our benefits and perks:
- A flexible vacation policy so you can take off the time you need when you need it
- Paid maternal and paternal leave (plus paw-ternity leave for new pets)
- Every other Friday off each summer
- Dog-friendly office near South Station, Boston (when we get back to the office), with some flexibility (eg work from home at least 2 days a week, flexibility around child care needs, etc)
- Perks tailored for dog lovers including subsidized pet insurance and dog-walking services
- Startup perks with big-company benefits (401k match, a generous bonus structure, commuter benefits, top-of-the-line healthcare, HSA/FSA)
- Competitive salaries and equity participation — every employee gets stock options
- Fully-stocked office snack bar and regular office events
- New iMacs and MacBook Pros, or laptops running Linux
- Continuing education, including attending conferences and company-provided resources to help with individual growth and development
Embark is an equal opportunity workplace and values diversity at our company. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, age, disability status, marital status, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws. See also EEO is the Law.