Customer Success Manager, Veterinary Business
- Boston, MA
- Full Time
- Professional Services
- Mid Level
Discover your dog more than fur deep with the most comprehensive DNA test on the market. Designed by world leaders in dog genetics and in partnership with Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine, the Embark DNA Test tells owners what breeds make up their pets, how to prevent future possible health problems, and what features and traits their pet might have. Help us end preventable disease in dogs and improve the lives of pets and their people through genomics.
Embark is the only dog DNA test using a research-grade DNA microarray, enabling us to give our customers the most accurate and comprehensive results on the market. More importantly, it allows us to do ongoing research into the genetics of dogs, mapping new traits and diseases, improving personalized veterinary medicine, and developing new breeding programs to eliminate preventable diseases in pets.
Interested in joining? We’re looking for highly motivated employees who will help us stay on the cutting edge of creativity and innovation in the fast-growing consumer genetics space.
Embark’s relationship with Veterinary Hospitals is essential to the success of our mission to improve canine health. Veterinarians and their staff provide a valuable service to pet owners by helping them better understand their dogs-- from breed ancestry to actionable health insights that come from Embark’s genetic screening tests.
The Customer Success team partners with veterinarian customers - from independent practices to large hospital systems - to understand their needs, provide education, and support them in leveraging Embark’s canine genetics products within their hospitals. These partnerships are based upon mutual value creation for both parties. Embark benefits from trusted organizations advocating to dog owners about the benefits of its products and services, and Embark in turn provides genetics information useful to the care of the dogs, expert educational content, and other insights that support veterinarians in caring for the canine patients.
Your job as a Customer Success Manager is to manage these customer relationships to ensure the above values are delivered. You’ll be responsible for prioritizing among partners with varying needs while rapidly communicating with both internal and external stakeholders to deliver upon expectations.
You will lead monthly reviews of account status against defined KPIs while documenting best practices and recommending process improvements. You will balance your time between interacting with veterinary customers and collaborating internally with sales and marketing colleagues as well as product, engineering, and R&D.
- Manage relationships with veterinary hospitals, in close collaboration with customer support and sales colleagues
- Maintain relationships in “green” status, meaning they are delivering upon KPIs for purchasing embark products, engaging their audiences, and supporting other Embark business initiatives
- Act as a hub for internal embark colleagues who seek information from or to interact with partners you manage
- Ensure Embark delivers upon its obligations and provides value to our partners, always keeping the customer experience first
- Utilize CRM to document all activities and ensure updated information is always available to stakeholders across the company
- Consistently ask for referrals and build relationships with new potential partners across the veterinary industry
- Collaborate with sales colleagues when large purchase opportunities are identified, and when support is needed to sign new customers.
- 5+ years experience working as an account or relationship manager in a B2B setting; veterinary industry experience highly preferred
- Expertise in managing numerous customer relationships with an aim toward increasing their annual purchasing and overall engagement with your company
- Passionate about making a positive impact on the world
- Ability to rapidly create your own presentations, and experience collaborating with marketing colleagues to create/refine collateral
- Experience collaborating with scientific or technical subject matter experts
- Excellent public speaker with experience delivering presentations via remote video
- Outstanding attention to detail and strong processes for task management
- Experience managing daily activities via a CRM system
- A tenacious, entrepreneurial, results-oriented mindset
What We Offer
- Competitive salaries, all-inclusive health care, and equity participation
- Dog-friendly office
- Perks tailored for dog lovers including subsidized dog-walking and boarding services
- Startup perks with big-company benefits
- A flexible vacation policy along with paid maternal and paternal leave
- Fully-stocked office snack bar and regular office events
- New iMacs and MacBook Pros
- Continuing education including attending conferences