Account Manager, Breeder Business
- Boston, MA
- Full Time
- Professional Services
Discover your dog more than fur deep with the most comprehensive DNA test on the market. Designed by world leaders in dog genetics and in partnership with Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine, the Embark DNA Test tells owners what breeds make up their pets, how to prevent future possible health problems, and what features and traits their pet might have. Help us end preventable disease in dogs and improve the lives of pets and their people through genomics.
Embark is the only dog DNA test using a research-grade DNA microarray, enabling us to give our customers the most accurate and comprehensive results on the market. More importantly, it allows us to do ongoing research into the genetics of dogs, mapping new traits and diseases, improving personalized veterinary medicine, and developing new breeding programs to eliminate preventable diseases in pets.
Interested in joining? We’re looking for highly motivated employees who will help us stay on the cutting edge of creativity and innovation in the fast-growing consumer genetics space.
Embark’s breeder business is dedicated to helping dog breeders incorporate genetic health testing into their breeding programs. Doing so helps ensure healthier puppies are born, meaning dogs that live longer and have fewer health complications during their lives. Embark’s products can also improve the overall health and average lifespan of breed populations when used over time by breeders.
The Account Management team acts upon this mission by partnering with organizations in the dog breeding world to provide educational content and product discounts to their audiences, and works to identify and execute new opportunities to engage breeders. Many of these organizations are breed clubs affiliated with the AKC, along with other domestic and international partners.
These partnerships are based upon mutual value creation for both parties. Embark benefits from trusted organizations advocating on its behalf about the use of its products and services, and Embark in turn provides proprietary data, expert content, and exclusive discounts to its products.
Your job as an account manager is to manage these relationships to ensure the above values are delivered. You’ll be responsible for prioritizing among dozens of partners with varying needs while rapidly communicating with both internal and external stakeholders to deliver upon expectations.
You will lead monthly reviews of account status against defined KPIs while documenting best practices and recommending process improvements. You will balance your time between existing partners and signing new partners, and collaborate closely with sales and marketing colleagues as well as product, engineering, and R&D.
- Manage relationships with breeder business partners, including domestic and international breed clubs, puppy platforms, and service dog organizations
- Maintain relationships in “green” status, meaning they are delivering upon KPIs for engaging their audiences and supporting Embark business initiatives
- Act as a hub for internal embark colleagues who seek information from or to interact with partners you manage
- Ensure Embark delivers upon its obligations and provides value to our partners
- Utilize CRM to document all activities to ensure updated information is always available to stakeholders across the company
- Consistently ask for referrals and build relationships with new potential partners across breed clubs and registries.
- Collaborate with sales colleagues when large purchase opportunities are identified, and when support is needed to sign new organizational partners.
- 5+ years experience working as an account or relationship manager in a B2B setting
- Passionate about making a positive impact on the world
- You always put the customer experience first
- Ability to rapidly create your own presentations, and experience collaborating with marketing colleagues to create/refine collateral
- Experience collaborating with scientific or technical subject matter experts
- Excellent public speaker with experience delivering presentations via remote video
- Outstanding attention to detail and strong processes for task management
- Experience managing daily activities via a CRM system
- A tenacious, entrepreneurial, results-oriented mindset
- Extra nice: experience in the dog breeding world (please highlight in your application)
- Position based in Boston, MA. Candidates must be based in Boston or willing to relocate.
What We Offer
- Competitive salaries, all-inclusive health care, and equity participation
- Dog-friendly office
- Perks tailored for dog lovers including subsidized dog-walking and boarding services
- Startup perks with big-company benefits
- A flexible vacation policy along with paid maternal and paternal leave
- Fully-stocked office snack bar and regular office events
- New iMacs and MacBook Pros
- Continuing education including attending conferences
Embark is an equal opportunity workplace and values diversity at our company. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, age, disability status, marital status, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws. See also EEO is the Law.